Saturday, February 18, 2012

What is the best way to make new friends and get to know my neighbors? Is starting a book club a good idea?

I live in a big apartment complex, I've lived here nearly a year and I'd really like to meet my neighbors and make some friends. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What about a book club?What is the best way to make new friends and get to know my neighbors? Is starting a book club a good idea?
Have a party..don't like parties. ..Have a wine tasting...don't drink..have a foreign film night..really like books..start a book club.
book club? just walk up to them and talk to themWhat is the best way to make new friends and get to know my neighbors? Is starting a book club a good idea?
bake some cookies, go to each house and present a get together on a certain day with a card in it with a personal greeting face to face.. just to bring something if they would like it, whatever it may be.. just talk, say hi, make food, have some entertainment... book club is a good idea, tupperware parties are good too.. have fun
One of the best ways to get to know your neighbors is to bring over something that has been baked. Tell them that you have leftovers and that you cannot eat it all. Do it a couple of times and that will open doors quickly.

Always greet them with a smile and sincerity. Let them know that you are interested in their lives. Assist them when you see an opportunity.

A book club is a good idea, but not everyone likes to read. Just observe them and see what their interests are. If you have similar ones, then you are on the right track.What is the best way to make new friends and get to know my neighbors? Is starting a book club a good idea?
It depends on the education of your neighbors.

I personally would be bored by a book club because I work so much, I really dont have the opportunity to read anything other than the competency materials I have to study to keep my job.

I would be more inclined to show up if you invited me over for hordeurvs and drinks or maybe invite me over to watch a movie or just to try some authentic cuisine such as indian food or mexican. Maybe have a neighborhood party and invite everyone to come over at say 9 PM and BYOB and I bet you get guests.
I think a community pitch in or cook out would be more effective. You could hook up with the property management and involve them in it. They could help plan other activities to go with it as well.
Good luck. It's not easy to make friends when you live in an apartment. People living in apartments are very transient.

If I were invited to join a book club with the neighbors I wouldn't hesitate to join. It sounds like fun.
Is there a tenants organization? This may open up avenues for you. Does your building hold neighborhood watch meetings?



Write up a flyer asking for a show of interest from tenants in a book club and put it in peoples letter boxes or in your lobby (Are you a bookworm?). Check to see what type of interest it might generate. Use a cell phone number and set up an email account for people to contact you. I'd avoid using my home phone and main email address for security sake.



Good Luck with your book club! I hope it is a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment