Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where do I find the book nerds like me?

Okay, I need to have more interations with people my own age. (Sixteen). I'm not socially awkward or really shy or anything, I just find myself completely uninterested in other people my age. I don't give a damn for facebook, twilight, celebrities, twitter, drinking, "hot guys" etc.

I'm interested in Chaucer, Film studies, art history, Jane Austen etc.



Don't say book club because the only book clubs here are for old ladies.



How can I meet people my own age that have similar interests?Where do I find the book nerds like me?
I hear ya. I'm 25 and it seems like all my friends are older because I can't stand stuff like celebrity gossip, fashion talk and other inane topics that add no value to my life. I like talking about documentaries, the last book I just read, and I love playing board games.



We're out there, you just have to look a little bit. I found some friends in my area on http://nerdfighters.ning.com - no creepers, just fun nerdy kids.
Woohoo nerdfighters! DFTBA :)

Report Abuse

Where do I find the book nerds like me?
:D Best Wishes!

Report Abuse


On here for a start, other forums that share your interests. If you're not socially awkward try going to a bookstore or library and making conversation with someone there of your age. I'm a book nerd too and most of my friends don't read the way I do. I find it annoying to have no friends I can get in a deep conversation with over books because mine wouldn't know where to start lol. I haven't read any Jane Austen or know much of the above stuff you said, but I love to read too so you can always email me at xhollynicolx@hotmail.co.uk if you really want someone to talk to about books. If not, you can always post a question like "I'm interested in Chaucer, Film studies, art history, Jane Austen - email me and discuss?" hopefully snagging a few emails before your question gets removed.

That's the only advice I can really think of :)Where do I find the book nerds like me?
WOW. lol. You honestly sound like me. weirrdddd.

But yeah, what this guy said up above is right: you just have to look for people like yourself. It's a part of life. You'll meet people that are just like you. Just keep looking. You'll find them. :)



P.S. But I don't agree with what this guy said: "facebook is a great way to meet people". It COULD be..but it also COULD be dangerous. So be careful.
I did a quick search in yahoo groups and found you options are limited. Guess you already new that.





So do it your self. Start a club in your school, local library, church or book store.



Start a yahoo group and post about it here in the proper "Ask" categories.



It's your imagation that you are trying to save, let it save itself.
Just find people that aren't preppy stuck up bitches. And casually talk to people you find interesting in class. Surprisingly though facebook is a great way to meet people with same interests. I didn't care about it either, but surprisingly i made many friends on facebook.
Gosh, do these people even exist? Do you live in a cave?



All jokes aside, how about the chess club or some sort of club like that? I can't imagine they would be interested in facebook and hots guys and such.
Try goodreads.com

Although I haven't joined one yet I know they have book clubs there, for YA and adult so there you go.
Well... i would not know.



But you sound awesome, and not pretentious.
  • shop bop
  • art games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment