Saturday, February 18, 2012

Looking for a book club for black women reading black books. Anyone know of any?

I am ready to jump in and start reading some good books by African American writers but don't know of a good club to join. Any help would be nice. Thanks!Looking for a book club for black women reading black books. Anyone know of any?
Well I was thinking of joining one myself and my best friend is a member of CoCo Divas. They are an online book club and pretty new. They are looking for members. I think that would be a nice start for the both of us because they are online and that makes it a bit easier.



Check out the link: www.cocodivasbookclub.webs.com



Hope this helps. Oh and its free! That's one of the reasons I am going to join. There are lots that have membership fees.Looking for a book club for black women reading black books. Anyone know of any?
I know of one called Sistas Sippin' Tea out of Texas but they have several affiliates nationwide. Also Rawsistaz has a book club as well as a new one that recently found me called 'Sista's Thoughts from Coast to Coast'.



--- Shades of Romance is a reviewer of interracial romance but does link to a book club.



--- And sista friend book club. They also have a blog spot to check them out.

I am a published author of interracial contemporary romance and each of these sites has promoted me in some way either through a speaking engagement, luncheon, on-line interview, advertisement or review so I in turn promote them when possible.Looking for a book club for black women reading black books. Anyone know of any?
Try the African American Literature Book Club. Here's the link:



http://aalbc.com/
I think the Nation of Islam has a book club.







Oh unless you're left handed, then you can't join, unless you join the , black %26amp; left-handed wrriter, black, left-handed, %26amp; female reader, book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment