Saturday, February 18, 2012

What should I do about starting a book club at my school?

I love to read and I would love discussing ideas and theories with other people at my school. So how would I go about it and what are some potential book ideas? Preferably young adult and I've already read the Twilight Saga :) It will be co-ed. Any ideas?What should I do about starting a book club at my school?
put up flyers around your school (after asking your principal) and tell your student council president to help you spread the word. ask if you can make an announcement over the intercom in the morning about your club. this should be plenty of publicity to get the ball rolling. i would start out having meetings in your library/lounge after school on a strict day and time. immediately after school would be best since people wouldn't have to leave school and come back. GOOD LUCK!

and as for book ideas i would ask your friends what books they are most interested in.What should I do about starting a book club at my school?
your student council should have a form for you to fill out. all you would need is an adult sponsor most likely.



if your student council doesn't. talk to the english teachers at your school. im sure they would love to see a book club get off the ground.



good luckWhat should I do about starting a book club at my school?
Make flyers and pass them out to all the teachers

Teachers love to support reading

If you have a school paper?

meet with the senior editor and ask him to print a blurb in the next edition
You should ask one of the english teachers to help you get your book club started. I think a good book to start with would be "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment