Monday, January 30, 2012

What would be a good book to pick for my book club?

I need to pick a book to recommend to my book club. Ideally it would have the questions to ask section or have questions online somewhere, otherwise, I am responsible for coming up with questions.



One book club member is sick of reading books that have rape in them, so non-rape book suggestions are appreciated.What would be a good book to pick for my book club?
You MUST, I repeat, you must read "Jane Austen Ruined My Life" by Beth Patillo

One of the BEST books I've ever read. Once started, I couldn't put the book down.

I have questions for the book since I am in a book club.
You don't mention the ages or interests of your book club, but one that would fit the non-rape genre is With A Silent Companion, by Florida Ann Town. It's an interesting story - a young Irish girl wants to become a doctor but has to disguise herself as a man in order to go to university. (It's set in the early 19th century). It's based on a true story. If your library doesn't have it, amazon.com has it in paperback for $3.95What would be a good book to pick for my book club?
The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Fiction)

How To Be Good - Nick Hornby (Adult Fiction)

The Great Divorce - C. S. Lewis (Spiritual)

The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Alborn (Inspiring)

Perfect Chemistry 鈥?Simone Elkeles (Romance)

Stealing Heaven 鈥?Elizabeth Scott (Teen)

A Kiss In Time - Alex Finn (Fantasy)

The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette - Carolly Erickson (History)

Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers(Drama)

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (Mystery)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series- Jeff Kinney (Comedy)

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day 鈥?Winifred Watson (Brit. Lit.)

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens (Classic)

The Long Goodbye: a memoir - Meghan O'Rourke (Memoir)

The Salem Witchcraft Trials: A Legal History 鈥?Peter Charles Hoffer (Self-Help)

The Tale of Despereaux - Kate Dicamillo (Children) DO NOT LET THAT HINDER YOU.
My book club read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak last year, and it was a success! Everyone really liked it, and it does have the "questions to ask" section in the back of the book. It's about a German girl in the Holocaust, but even if the people in your book club aren't big on history I think they would still enjoy it. It's a book I'd recommend to anyone!



Hope this helps :)What would be a good book to pick for my book club?
Fatal Voyage, wait sorry, let me start you at the beginning of the series, Deja Dead



http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/deja-dea鈥?/a>



Great book, great series.
The hunger games is the best book i have read by far. And i am absolutely picky with my books. look it up and i swear you wont regret reading it =]
The Maze Runner-like the hunger games, except better. I really liked Beautiful CreAtures by kami garcia. My favorite book ever though is The Book Thief.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver was heart breaking.

The Help by Kathyrn Stockett was great and very important.

Those are good for book clubs.
Don't know if there boys and girls or not so I say my life in pink %26amp; green, hoot, Kira-Kira hope I helped
Rape is SO depressing! I would not come another day if I had to read such rubbish. Try Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. What a relief it would bring to them.
The Tiger's Curse (it is for teens but it is still wonderful)

No comments:

Post a Comment