Monday, January 30, 2012

Childrens Book Clubs?

Hi,



Hope someone can help me...



I had a booklet through from Books For Children where you get 5 books for 50p each and then have to buy 4 more books during the first 12 months, also get a free rucksack. But when I was reading the small print I saw that you get sent the Editors Choice book or collection through every month unless you opt out of it every month.



Are any of the book clubs any good? What one/s would you recommend as ds is really into reading but hasn't got a very big collection!



Any advice would be greatly received. ThanksChildrens Book Clubs?
I don't think that much of the book clubs. Are you a library member? A lot of libraries run schemes where you get free books, and most of them have booksales where books are sold very cheaply. And in the meantime you can borrow and read different books each week.
Stay away from Books for Children, they are rubbish. I joined and spent ages choosing 5 books only to be sent different ones! The joinging deals are good (if you get the right books!) but the prices soon go up. Depending on the age of child I'd recommend Charity shops - I get most of my Daughters books from there %26amp; the library %26amp; if we find a 'keeper' then i might splash out %26amp; buy it from Amazon or Waterstones, they sometimes have good deals.Childrens Book Clubs?
I was tempted to join one of these as well, but after reading the fine print, I too decided against it. I now buy my son's books from goodwill and borrow other books from the library. A trip to the library is always fun for the little ones, so maybe you can do the same.
books for children are bad i joined them i did not get the ruck sack that they said i would get then they never sent me the bill but a few months later i got a letter from a debt collection agency my original bill was 拢16.00 but the collection agency charging me 拢60.00 i would stay well awayChildrens Book Clubs?
I don't think much of book clubs of any sort. I don't like the thought of committing myself to buying something every month for a year or whatever the deal is. Plus, if they send you the editor's choice and you don't want it, then you have to send it back - I have had problems in the past with returning items like these - couriers not turning up when expected, if at all, an extra trip to the post office etc.



I would rather make use of the local library, or buy books at the supermarket/bookshop. I also keep my eye out at charity shops, too. I have often picked up great books for kids there, all have been in reasonable condition and are fairly cheap.
they r a con as you have to pay postage to send the ones u dont want back....kids dont really need that many books

No comments:

Post a Comment