Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anyone here prefer NOT to be in a book club?

I love to read so much, but I feel that book clubs, as well as reading for class, kinda take away the fun from my book. I like to read for myself. So what about you book lovers?



VIVA LA RAZA!Anyone here prefer NOT to be in a book club?
Being forced to do anything takes most of the fun out of it. I also hate having deadlines. It could be a book that I really enjoy, but if you tell me that I HAVE to read it by a certain date, chances are that I won't.



VIVA LA RAZA pero soy una gringa.. jeje.
i hate books and book clubs tooAnyone here prefer NOT to be in a book club?
I enjoy Book clubs both online and off because these offer a diverse understanding of a particular authors work. There can be such great discussion amongst other readers who might see a plot, theme or character development a little differently than I do. It helps expand my horizons as a better writer and a more recognized reader . . .



Sorry that was not much help since you asked if there was anyone out here who did NOT prefer to be in one. As a twice-published author, all exposure is a welcomed larger reader base so yes I do enjoy them !



sharing the light,

miss erica hidvegi

the enlightenment advisor
Of course. First of all if your book is picked for you, what if you hate it? I LOVE to read, but I find reading for class and clubs annoying. It completely ruins it for me because,

1. Most people read MUCH slower than me.

2. I usually hate the book

3. I have to answer stupid questions like, 'What did you think about...?' I hate those questions SO MUCH. They make me want to puch holes in the walls.



Yes, I agree. It really ruins it.Anyone here prefer NOT to be in a book club?
I'm with you 100%. When you have to read a book, it takes a lot of the fun out of it and book clubs also have a low selections of books. It takes away from the readers ability to pick their own reading material.
I completely agree. I like to read a lot, but I tend to read a little too much sometimes. So if i have to read with my class, I can't read as much as I want. Plus, Some people don't actually read the book.
There are plenty of books that I read because I had to for school. I feel that I would have enjoyed them more if I didn't have to read them. What is the point of a book club?



QUE VIVA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment